To Accomplish Its Goals, IAH:
- Publishes a major-cited international, growing journal (Hydrogeology Journal) eight times a year; subscriptions are included with membership.
- Publishes a book series and a bimonthly global newsletter. The USNC also provides a Chapter newsletter to IAH members located in the U.S.
- Promotes international cooperation among hydrogeologists and others with an interest in groundwater.
- Encourages worldwide application of hydrogeological skills through education and technology transfer programs. IAH has created Commissions and Working Groups on special interest topics, including: Hydrogeological Maps; Hardrock Hydrology; Managed Artificial Recharge; Groundwater Protection; Groundwater in Urban Areas; Transboundary Aquifers; Groundwater Vulnerability Mapping; Early Detection of Groundwater Quality Problems; and Education and Training.
- Sponsors international meetings, including an annual Congress.
- Cooperates with numerous national and international scientific organizations that have an interest in groundwater.
For additional information about the IAH, please contact us.